Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Give Up, Give In, Or Give it All You Got!


You only have three choices in life, give up, give in, or give it all you got.   I think the thing that really bothers me the most is well I am a control freak.  I like to control everything and if I can't.... I get pretty upset and struggle to try to gain the control back.  I try to control my own calendar and events.  A month ago, I was trying to hard to make my own plans.  I had been planning a nursery since what felt like conception.  We were planning on remodeling our home so we would have room for Cate.   I had planned what I thought was a beautiful baby shower.  BUT like Proverbs 19:21 states:  You can make many plans, but the Lord's purpose will prevail.   Like many of us mother's,  Mary would have never wanted to give birth to her precious son in a stable or put him in a manager to sleep but she said yes to God's plans. While I struggle with being afraid of just giving in, I pray that God can show me how to be more like Mary and say yes to his will.  So while the holiday season is upon us and we are busy making OUR plans....my advice would be write them in pencil because our plans can and will be erased and replaced with Gods, but there is HOPE that God's will never be erased!    

No comments:

Post a Comment